Peter J. Mackey
Peter has been an attorney for over 35 years. He is an assertive litigator and has experience in mechanic’s lien representations, contract disputes, commercial foreclosures, judicial business dissolutions, probate litigation and all aspects of general commercial litigation. Peter regularly represents clients in complex family law matters and personal injury/wrongful death cases as well.
Peter was born in Syracuse, New York. He attended Allegheny college in Pennsylvania and graduated from State University of New York (SUNY) at Stony Brook in 1980. While at SUNY, Peter was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Society. He spent the next two years as the “yard manager” for a large marina/boat dealership in Port Jefferson, New York. He graduated with his law degree from Boston College Law School in 1985. Upon graduation, he joined Hancock & Estabrook in Syracuse, New York. After moving to Bradenton, he worked for Holland & Knight before joining his wife, Cathie, at her practice in Bradenton. Peter has been able to attain the following for our clients:
- Patent jury verdict in Federal Court; followed by appellate argument in Washington, D.C., U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Federal Court verdict concerning the precursor to the digitalization of cell phone frequencies in Florida.
- Federal Court jury verdict concerning an employment and shareholder dispute against a government contractor employer. The verdict was then appealed by the opposing party to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta, Georgia, where Peter procured an order affirming the verdict.
- Many state court bench and jury verdicts in Florida concerning construction litigation, commercial litigation, real estate disputes, and even a six-figure jury verdict.
- Many personal injury case resolutions, including one involving finding a way around Florida’s worker’s compensation law to procure a $1.3 million settlement.
- Many family law trial victories; some followed by procuring appellate court rulings affirming the trial court’s decision.
Peter is admitted to practice in Florida, New York State, and the United States Federal Courts.
Peter and Cathie live in Holmes Beach and have four children. The eldest daughter graduated from Vanderbilt University. Their triplets recently graduated from Florida State University, University of Central Florida, and Eastern Illinois University. When Peter and Cathie are not working, you can find them boating in the Gulf of Mexico or cruising on their Harleys.
Do you need a courtroom-seasoned litigator who is obsessed with winning and won’t back down? Do you need a law firm that has the horsepower to correctly try your case? Look no further.